AOTS Eastern Conference Representative

Gary Ross, Eastern Vice President

I was born February 16th, 1947 at the Aberdeen general hospital, New Glasgow, Nova Scotia. I am the second child of Kenneth Alvin and Viola Ross.


I moved to Newfoundland and Labrador at the age of 12. My father worked as a general motors sales person for 28 years based at gander, Newfoundland. We all attended the Fraser Road United Church when growing up.

After leaving school I studied in the field of hydro-electric generation and spent 32 years employed as a hydro-electric operator with the Newfoundland light & power company ltd. While working with light & power I also studied and became a general insurance sales person. I have been in the insurance business for 34 years and remain active in sales.

I have lived in Lewisporte, Newfoundland, for almost forty years and have been a member of St. Matthew's united church for most of that time. I have been a member of the St. Matthew's United Church AOTS club for most of those years.

When the St. Mathew's AOTS charter expired I applied and became an individual member of AOTS. With the help of past national president Ernest Paddock of Springdale I became a member of the national executive of AOTS. I am now privileged to represent eastern Canada on the national board of AOTS as regional vice-president.

My personal goal in AOTS is to increase the size of our membership by informing as many church members as I can about the goals and purposes of AOTS and about how membership in AOTS gives a person access to fellowship and men's ministry in the united church of Canada.

My wife, Esther, and I have a son, Kenneth, and daughter-in-law, Tenna, who recently presented us with our first grand-daughter, Tekira Marie. We enjoy our lives together in Lewisporte, and long weekends at our cabin in Pleasantview.

Gary Ross
Box 1439
Lewisporte, Newfoundland
A0G 3A0
(709) 535-2990